Thursday, September 23, 2010

What happens in Vegas, goes on our blog!




Due to popular demand, and one bad grade on my blogging skills, I am now taking the time to update our blog. It has been a while and I know everyone is dying to know what has been happening in the Ellis home!

August has been a busy month, with family ailments and school starting we have been go go go! With summer drawing to a close (I count summer as over when the Fall semester begins) we had our last BBQs, parties and camping trips. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of these events because I was too busy having fun to take pictures!

Before school started we wanted to go on a trip. Las Vegas was the place to go! We took some time off and drove on down to the strip. We were really lucky to get a great hotel, for a low price and it was just a block from the strip! We didn't have to drive around much at all, just parked at the hotel and walked our way through our trip.

Little did we know, Bryan, Nikki, and Lucas were travelling to Vegas the same week! We were able to meet up with the crew and head to the Aquarium. Another lucky move was the day we went, it was the 10 year anniversary of the Aquarium being opened and we got discount tickets! WOOHOO. It was so fun to go with a group, and to have kids with us. I sure do love watching those kids as they look at the sharks with big eyes.







I am pretty sure the whole gang loved going to the Aquarium!




There was a shark tunnel, and even a hole in the floor we could watch things through.




I loved looking at the turtles and the octopus the most!






Tyson and I were able to go see Phantom of the Opera while there and it was amazing! The set, the actors, the experience was just incredible. Anyone who is going to Vegas should really go see that show! We did not get to see the Blue Man Group, but I got a picture with them anyway.






We saw many other random items..... a large M&M




A Jelly Belly Statue of Liberty.....




Even a Medusa Motorcycle!




Before we headed out we were able to make a stop at the Pawn Stars shop. Some of you might not know of the show Pawn Stars but it is one of Tyson's favorites. The shop wasn't all it is cracked up to be. I would be fine just seeing it on the TV and not going to it again.






We had fun for the few days we were there. We walked the strip, stopped where we wanted to and had a no stress trip.






The week after we went to Vegas I started school. Tyson is taking this semester off due to not getting into the classes he needed. So cross your fingers that he gets in next time!




There is the update for August, hopefully I will get an update for September up pretty soon!




I am sorry the formatting is off. I can't it the way I want it! I am giving up now.....


1 comments:

Danny said...

Looks like a fun trip! You and Tyson are so darn cute together.

Post a Comment