Monday, March 31, 2014

March Mayhem

We started March off this year with the wedding of one of my very closest friends. Anne and Collin got hitched! Tyson was working so he was not able to be at the temple with us but I was able to attend! It was beautiful and I am so happy for them!
We were able to start playing at the park! Abe loves having a playground right in the backyard and he would stay out there all day if we would let him!
But then it snowed! We gotta love this Utah weather! One day it is sunny and warm and the next we are getting bundled up and drinking cocoa!
Abe has been working on his numbers and letters. He knows the whole alphabet now and he can count to 15! Every single day this little man surprises me!
Monet is getting bigger every day and we are so happy to see her grow! She has gotten up to weight and she is such a happy baby now! No more crying all day long! YAY!

Tyson and I remodeled our kitchen. Oh my goodness it was a ton of work! We had granite countertops installed, ordered new appliances, changed up our cabinets and put up a backsplash!

Tyson and I did all the sanding and staining of the cabinets.
We also put up the backsplash ourselves. It took a really long time, probably because all the work was done while the kids were sleeping so we couldn't ever knock out a huge chunk at once. Several nights we were working until 2 in the morning and then up at 6 to get going the next day. It was a lot of work but it was so worth it! We had fun doing it together and it saved us a ton of money!

Tyson and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary! We had a little weekend getaway and it was WONDERFUL! 

We started out at my very favorite BBQ place in SLC, Pat's BBQ. Tyson had never been there and I was glad to be able to introduce him to a place that I LOVE! He is usually the foodie of the family but I impressed him this time!
We stayed a night in Anniversary Inn. We stayed in the Egypt room and it was just the vacation we needed. Sometimes just one night away is the perfect celebration!

Tyson got his first straight razor shave and he LOVED it! He got his head shaved and beard trimmed up. 

We ended our little trip with a visit to the Museum at the U. There was an exhibit on the Dead Sea Scrolls and it was pretty amazing. We weren't able to take pictures throughout the whole exhibit but I did get a few where photography was allowed.
Every fourth Sunday we have family dinner with the Crown side of our family. I don't always take pictures but this month I was able to capture this beautiful moment. The kids love when Grandpa Warren reads to them!
One of the biggest things going on this month is that Abe is getting used to having a little sister. He is less scared to be around her and we are less scared to let him hold her. He loves to lay next to her and really likes to hold her hand. I am loving having these two kids! They are my pride and joy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment