Monday, May 21, 2012

Anniversary


In March of 2010 I married my best friend. We were sealed in an LDS Temple for time and ALL eternity. To me this means I get to spend forever hanging out with my very best friend in the whole world. Our kids are also sealed to us forever, but eventually they will have their own spouses, so really it is me and Tyson. The dynamic duo forever.
In commemoration of this date I wanted to write down our story as I see it today.

Tyson and I met while we were working at a company called Tafiti. He was dating a very cute girl and I was dating... well I was dating someone. He and I noticed each other but we never talked much in the days of Tafiti. That was May of 2008

In August of 2008 the company was shut down. Tyson and I were laid off. Tyson immediately found work at a new company, but I waited a week searching out my options. I then interviewed at Thrive and got the job. On my first day there I saw Tyson walk in the office. I said hello, he said "oh you work here now?" I said "yes" and that was the end of that conversation.

I was then placed on the same team/row as Tyson. He was still dating that cute girl and I was dating someone new. We would talk about our adventures with friends and family and I began to develop a crush. It mainly started when he was telling me about taking his girlfriend on a date to milk cows. Weird I know, but I thought it was fun and cute that he would take her on that kind of a date, and I wanted to date him!

So...... the flirting began. I broke it off with the guy I was dating (okay okay he broke it off with me) and I was single. I gave Tyson my number and said "If you get bored, text me". Then I walked out of the office. not even 5 minutes later I got a text. This is where it all began to form.

December of 2008 Tyson and I went to a movie together. We met there and paid our own way so at the time we didn't think of it as a date, but now that I think back it was just me and him so it definitely counts as a date.

Tyson's girlfriend went on a mission on December 31st 2008. I was ready to make a move. In January I invited Tyson to go sledding with me and my roommates and on Valentines day of 2009 was our first official date. We had pink milk and watched a movie. I don't remember what movie, I just remember sitting awkwardly next to him on the couch with my flowery rain boots on.

We then started dating quite often.

In July of 2009 I broke it off with Tyson. I was scared and wanted to date around a bit. I started dating another boy but that was a flop. Tyson and I hadn't talked to each other AT ALL for like two weeks. I broke up with that boy, I was home alone in my apartment. The only person who knew I had broken it off was my mom. Honestly it was the scariest break up I have been through. I was scared the tires of my car were going to be slashed that night and I was scared to be alone. I was sitting in my room crying out of fear and my phone rang. I had a text. A text from Tyson. All it said was, "What do you call a fish with no eyes?". I replied "I dunno, what?" the response....... "FSH".... This was when I was hit in the face. I heard someone say "You need this man in your life". I knew I needed to at least be friends with Tyson.

Tyson and I started talking again. I told my friend Ragan that Tyson and I were just going to be friends and that I was going to move slow with things. He warned me that I had really hurt Tyson and to be gentle with him..... well like 2 days after that I told Tyson I loved him. Okay so I didn't move slow but when you feel it you say it right? He said it back and we were official.

In the fall of 2009 I was at the church with my family. We were at a meeting about the dedication of the Oquirrh Mtn Temple in Utah. I was hit so strongly with the spirit that I couldn't even talk. I was BAWLING. I couldn't even get words out to explain to my mom what I was crying about. I knew Tyson was the man I was going to marry. And that temple was the one we were going to get married in.

That night I went over to Tyson's apartment and told him about my experience. He was not shocked at all, he was ready to go! Shortly after we went ring shopping, he bought it and he asked me to marry him in December of 2009.

The months of being engaged are a blur of color, tears, happiness and stress. Planning a wedding is a lot of work! But we were happily married on March 12th 2010.

We moved into an apartment in Orem and started our life. We were still working at the same place and I was taking classes at UVU. In the fall of 2010 we began looking for a home.

December 2010 we signed on our house in Lehi and moved in.

April 2011 I found out I was pregnant.

May 2011 I graduated with my Bachelors of Communications.

December 2011 I fell in love with another man. Adam Bradley Ellis was born on December 2nd. The love in our home grew so much.

Tyson and I have a great little love story. Through it all he has always been my best friend. Tyson is there for me no matter what and I know he always will be there. He and I have a bond that is unexplained. I am so lucky to share my life with him and I am continually looking forward to our forever.


We did celebrate our anniversary.
We celebrated by going to the Anniversary Inn.
My parents had Adam for the night so Tyson and I just relaxed.
I can't believe how much has happened in the last two years. Tyson and I have just started our adventure together and there have already been so many things happening! I love the way my life is going.

1 comments:

Leila said...

So... funny story.... it was at oquirrh mtn. temple that marriage first came up for Cam and I. :) We had gone to do baptisms and as we were waiting at the font (me on one side of the font windows, Cam on the other), one of the temple workers told me I could wait with my husband if I wanted to. When I got over to Cam's side, he asked me what the temple worker had said and I told him. He smiled and said he liked the sound of that. But that wasn't the only temple worker that kept referring to us as a married couple. And it only happened at that temple. :)

Post a Comment