Monday, May 21, 2012

Baby Blessing


I know, I know! I am terrible at updating the blog! Everyone keeps telling me how they want to see new posts with pictures of my little man. The thing is, I spend all my time playing with that little man and I forget to blog about him! So here I am, trying to get up to date.

I will start with Adam's baby blessing.
We blessed him at the beginning of February even though he was already 2 months old. We felt like the beginning of January was too busy with all the holidays and he was still in the hospital at the beginning of December!

Tyson's mom saved the outfit Tyson wore when he was blessed. We thought it was really special to be able to squeeze Adam in it for his blessing. It was a tight fit but it worked! He looked so dang cute in his little white jumper!
Tyson was the one to give the blessing and it was BEAUTIFUL! I don't know if Tyson was nervous at all but if he was he didn't show it. We were able to have the male members of our family (except our little brothers who are on their missions) participate in the circle. It was really cool to see all the guys up there with my special little man.

After the meeting we had a light brunch at our house. It was so fun to have everyone gather and chat and eat! We love to have all the family together.

Adam is a really special little man. He is our first child but he is also the first grandchild on Tyson's side of the family to carry the Ellis name. On top of that, he is a boy! I didn't know how much this meant at first until I heard my father-in-law talk about his family name being passed on. I then realized that the girls in the family have boys but those boys have Hunsaker or McBride as last names! This little man has the Ellis name to pass on. This made me really proud and happy to see the family growing.

There were some really special spirits around on this day. I know my big brother Brad was there and i was so touched to feel his sweet spirit and feel how happy he is for us. I know he is around often and I know he plays with Adam all the time. I love to feel my brother close and feel the bond my son has with those who have previously passed.

Adam's initials spell ABE. This is really special because Tyson's Grandpa had the nickname "Abe" when he was alive. Grandpa Abe is someone I never got to meet but I know he is around. It has been really interesting to know there are guardian angels around my family who I have never met before. I know Adam has a special bond with Grandpa Abe and I am so excited to have him around to help protect my son.

To sum up, I have a beautiful boy, a loving family, and love from people who have passed. I am a pretty lucky little lady.

0 comments:

Post a Comment